Big cities have been one of the most captivating places people would often want to choose to live in. They call it “the life enhancer” because it is where most unexpected experiences happen. The city provides many dazzling and entertaining avenues that allow people to spend their lives according to their fulfillment rule. But some individuals do not see it that way anymore. And unfortunately, a lot of them realize the need to forget and leave everything behind from the big city. Let us try and discuss some of their reasons.
Reasons Why They Love The Big City
- Unhealthy Number Of People – When talking about cities, of course, we can expect a huge number of populations living in an area. That’s what cities are made for. It serves to cater to a large number of individuals that are used to living in cramped small spaces with paper-thin walls. But that is the struggle there.
The busy life of everyone can somehow affect others limited space because they will have to deal with the permeated odors coming from all corners of the room, the loud noises from the streets that people should get used to.
Even the public comfort rooms that not everyone is willing to take care of.
- Exceptionally Overpriced Rooms For Rent – One of the struggles with city living is the place to stay. A lot of people are trying to fit everything in a room regardless of the small space. But that is not the point because renting a property or room in big cities is exceptionally overpriced that it can almost take individuals’ overall earnings straight out from their pockets. Big city living is expensive because available spaces are limited. But since there are still finding big cities so captivating, they somehow do not complain about the skyrocketing prices of their 20sqft enclosed rooms.
- Unbeatable Pollution Growth – It is no secret that big cities are polluted. There is garbage everywhere. That is because the amount of plastics that need to be disposed of in a day is always ten times more than those living in the area. Companies produce millions of supplies of plastic waste because individuals living in the city find it convenient to use it frequently. Aside from that, the air in big cities is way more damaging than anywhere on the planet. That is due to the carbon emission from tons of vehicles on the road. That is aside from those companies that produce a large number of toxins from their industrial wastes.
- Traffic Congestion – Yes, one of the most problematic issues that big cities encounter every day is traffic congestions. For most people, it is a nightmare that they have to deal with all the time. There are just so many cars and other vehicles on the road, and it drives people crazy to get from one location to another. Yes, there are public transports that people can rely upon. But it somehow cannot support the vast majority of vehicle needs, especially during rush hours. Thus, people need to accept that they always have to prepare to go to school or work a little more than an hour earlier than usual.
- More Exposure To Crimes – Big cities are known to have thousands of crimes committed every day. Again, that is due to the massive number of inhabitants living in an area. But it is not solely on the growing population but has something to do with the root of it all, which is poverty. While there are lots of opportunities there, big cities cannot fully support everyone with an advantage. And as the poverty rates tend to go higher and lack of jobs and income-generating opportunities go out one by one, people can expect more crimes to be committed by those less unfortunate.
- Unhealthy Lifestyle – Some people choose to leave the big city because of the unhealthy lifestyle that it offers. Not that everyone can have a problem with how they live their lives, but the big city is often full of too much of everything. There is not enough fresh air and sunlight for everyone. In some unfortunate instances, since people need to get used to the city’s busy life, they have to adjust their eating habits like everybody else. Thus instead of trying to go for healthy meals, people choose convenience over quality food. That explains why s grabbing processed food in the grocery store is often the best choice.
- People Are Toxic – Living in the big city is fun and entertaining. Unfortunately, since there are many people that everyone shares their day with, different personalities and traits get cramped together. It leaves everyone confused and always on the search for individual adjustments. And when there are too many personalities clashing, there’s stress and toxicity that often makes people’s city life miserable.
Those are the most common reasons why most people choose to settle in big cities and leave their rural way of living behind?